Sr. Administrative Assistant, Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation
Annual Salary: $60,319 to $70,569
Reporting to the Executive Director, Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation (Foundation) you will provide senior level administrative support to the Executive Director, Foundation staff and Board Members, so that we can accomplish the Foundation mission of raising funds for the Authority to complete projects which will ensure a healthy Lake Simcoe watershed.
What you offer
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration or similar.
- 5 years in administrative function supporting managers and senior leaders. Experience with not-for-profit, an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion when working with confidential information.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Publisher, and Teams) and Adobe. Experience with E-Tapestry donor management software is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with the ability to change priorities seamlessly throughout the day.
- Strong attention to detail and professional communication skills (oral and written)
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to take accurate and complete meeting minutes.
- Familiarity with the Canada Revenue Agency Registered Charities Policies and Procedures.
- A valid G class driver’s license.
What you will do
- Verify and issue receipts for all donations. Verify instructions from donors, code gifts, enter into the database, run reports, issue thank you letters and tax receipts and file as appropriate.
- Using E-tapestry, update new donor information, enter payroll donations, and provide donation, disbursement and reports & to the Authority Finance department.
- Correspond with donors and answer inquiries, produce donor reports as needed.
- Provide administrative support for events and programs throughout the year:
Inspiring Greener Communities
Annual Conservation Dinner
Direct Mail and Leadership Circle
- Provide administrative support to the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Prepare agenda and board package, send to board members and attendees, take meeting minutes, send out meeting notices and other related tasks as needed.
- Coordinate office supplies for the Foundation and update and manage fundraising database.
- Responsible for Foundation filing and records management.
November 2021 (Alternate weeks in the office and remote until end of 2021)
Hours of work
35-hour work week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
How to Apply
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority’s Human Resources, referencing Competition #26-2021, by 4:00 pm on October 5, 2021, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.