Annual Giving Coordinator
2-year Part Time Contract
Hourly Rate: $23.55 to $25.00
Lake Simcoe Conservation Foundation is a registered charity whose mission is to raise funds for the environmental protection and restoration of the Lake Simcoe watershed. Since 1973, we have worked with our implementation partner, Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority to support critical environmental programs and projects. Our vision is of a community that works together to respect and support a healthy eco-system.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Annual Giving Coordinator plays a critical role in the development and implementation of fundraising events and other fundraising programs, primarily the annual Conservation Dinner.
What you offer
- University bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing. Post graduate diploma in Fundraising is an asset.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a non-profit organization or equivalent.
- Excellent project management skills, especially as it relates to event management.
- Team player with excellent organization skills and the ability to independently manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proven ability to raise funds and meet goals, especially in events like the Conservation Dinner.
- Experience working with volunteer committees.
- Excellent digital communication, writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and e-Tapestry (or other) donor software.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Member of Association of Fundraising Professionals and knowledge of Conservation Authorities and their Foundations is an asset.
What you will do
- Ensure the successful execution of fundraising events, primarily the Conservation Dinner) and other potential events like golf tournament(s), corporate partner programs, and 3rd party/community events.
- Seek fresh ideas and approaches to build, enhance, improve, and grow our existing events and fundraising programs.
- Build sponsorship program and solicit and secure event sponsorships and auction items.
- Manage and support internal and external volunteers.
- Negotiate with venues and vendors and ensure flawless execution and efficiency.
- Analyze and report on event performance by preparing post-event evaluations, providing data driven recommendations, and identifying and implementing opportunities to enhance revenue as well as the donor stewardship/participant experience.
- Develop and execute the event budget and meet or exceed established revenue goals.
- Collaborate and develop content for event correspondence, collateral materials, social media, and digital marketing initiatives.
- Ensure that philanthropic practices are aligned with the Canada Revenue Agency legislation and guidelines, and with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethics.
Hours of work
21 hours a week (3 days per week)
Please forward a single pdf document that includes a résumé and covering letter to the Authority's Human Resources, referencing Competition #29-2021, by 4:00 pm on December 13, 2021, to careers@LSRCA.on.ca.
The Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Authority will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted regarding this competition and you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources.
All personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We thank all applicants for their interest in the Authority; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.